Before I share my next post, I need to take a minute to share with you how to make glue paint….
You need a cup, paintbrush, glue, food color, and water.
(You can use white or clear Elmers school glue)
Squeeze some glue into the cup (I used about 1/4 cup glue)…
Add food color to the glue…
Then add the water (I used about 1/2 cup water)…
Stir it all up with your paintbrush until the glue and water are fully mixed together…
About Glue Paint
- Glue paint is great for gluing light weight materials to paper such as tissue paper or crepe paper.
- By adding the water, the glue paint spreads easily across the paper and dries quickly and firmly.
- By adding the food color, the children can see the areas of the paper where glue has been added plus it makes a fun paint all in itself…
- When painting with the glue paint on thin paper, a soft bushy paintbrush works best.
Clean Up and Storage
- Because glue paint is mostly water, it will rinse out of your cup and paintbrush fairly easily with warm soapy water but you should rinse the brush out after each use or the brush will get stiff.
- You can store your cups of glue paint with a plastic cover over the top of the cups but when you go to use it again, you must stir the water and glue again because the water and glue tend to separate as they sit over time.
My next post will show you how we used the glue paint, so be sure to check back tomorrow!