Teach Preschool presents a workshop in Dothan Alabama

I spent a wonderful two days in beautiful Dothan, Alabama this weekend. The weather was great, the people were amazing, and I had such a great time sharing and talking with the teachers at the workshop Hosted by the Family Guidance Center of Dothan, Alabama

The amazing facility for the conference was provided by the wonderful folks over at Wallace Community College. The faculty of Wallace College and the staff over at the Family Guidance Center all pitched in to help with setting up and running of the large demonstration tables which were located out in the main entry way…

We had tables all around the room set up with a variety of math, art, writing, sensory, DIY, and science activities for the teachers to check out and enjoy their own opportunity for some “hands on” exploration…

There was much to be done in preparation for the workshop and I want to give a big shout out of thanks to all the folks in Alabama who did such a great job organizing and hosting this special workshop…

I also want to thank the teachers for all their positive feedback and great participation during the workshop. I discovered we have some great dancers and singers over there in Dothan!

The next workshop I will be presenting is in March right here in Indiana and is sponsored by the Indianapolis Area Chapter of the Indiana AEYC!

Thanks again to all the folks in Dothan! I love my Alabama T-Shirt!

By |2017-03-28T23:33:30+00:00January 29th, 2012|

1. Janice @ learning4kids January 29, 2012 at 7:48 am - Reply

Wow, wow, wow!! What an amazing workshop!! I would loved to have attended this but one little problem – I am all the way over is Australia 🙂 Congrats Deb, you are amazing! 🙂 xx

2. Mara January 29, 2012 at 7:51 am - Reply

Love your blog and this conference looks like one I would have really enjoy!! I did notice in one picture, the bag of M&Ms…as the mother of a son with a severe peanut allergy {M&Ms are not safe for people who are allergic to peanuts}, I might suggest trying that same activity with Skittles or having a note out at your next conference suggesting alternatives for teachers with food allergy kiddos. You may already know all of that but in case you didn’t, I couldn’t help but share! Thank you for all of your blogging, I know it takes lots of time and effort and that doesn’t go forgotten. Bless you!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. January 29, 2012 at 11:03 am - Reply

Thank you for that reminder! I have children in my own class with peanut allergies and we do want to be careful!

3. Debbie Clement January 29, 2012 at 10:53 am - Reply

Deborah, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!! What an amazing amount of effort to create such a positive learning experience — at a ‘distance’ from home. I stand in awe and tip my hat!!!!

Thanks for sharing all of the resources of the cyber-world with your audience as well. I know that was a portion of their learning experience.

Debbie

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. January 30, 2012 at 10:05 am - Reply

Thank you for the Birthday Greetings Debbie:)

4. Leeanne A January 29, 2012 at 2:57 pm - Reply

My goal would be to come and see you at a conference one day – Happy Birthday!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. January 29, 2012 at 11:10 pm - Reply

I would love to have you come and so we can meet up!!

5. Esther January 30, 2012 at 10:30 pm - Reply

You are such an inspiring person! I just love all your ideas and the effort you put in is marvelous! and I too like your Alabama T-shirt:-)

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. January 31, 2012 at 12:38 am - Reply

6. Pamela Courtney January 31, 2012 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Boy do I wish this could be on video!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. January 31, 2012 at 6:00 pm - Reply

Haha – well perhaps someday I can do that Pamela!

7. Km February 3, 2012 at 11:22 pm - Reply

Deborah you are awesome and I hope all the love, guidance, support and wisdom that you so freely share with others comes back to you x a million! That looks like one incredible workshop!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. February 4, 2012 at 11:02 am - Reply

It was so much fun and rewarding for me too!