Rubber ducky stamping in preschool

I love digging through the activity boxes that our curriculum coordinator puts together and today she had this fun little rubber ducky box…

In the box there were rubber ducks and stamp pads of various sizes and colors…

I thought I would give this a try and see what happens. Rubber duckies are quite fun to print with! They are sqishy, squeaky, and leave egg shaped prints on the paper…

This activity box will be set out along with the other activity boxes next week so perhaps I will get to photo a few kids in action too. In the mean time, I was having fun…

For a different approach to this, one could use different colors of tempera paint instead of the ink stamps. The ink stamps were chosen so the children could try this through out the week as they would like…

Along with the rubber duck activity box, there will be books about ducks available too…

And I noticed these two interesting egg shaped stop and go signs sitting with the rubber ducky baskets. I have no idea what the plan is for them so I will have to be on the look out to find out:)

Here are a few other ducky activities to check out…

Ducky footprints from Moments of Mommyhood

Five Little Ducklings The creative process behind the scenes from Meme Tales

Alexander’s Outing from Irresistible Ideas for Play Based Learning

Felt Duck from From Mama Smiles =)

Books on Amazon…

Rubber Ducks on Amazon

By |2011-04-13T19:35:33+00:00April 13th, 2011|

1. Holly Davis April 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm - Reply

What a neat idea! And..I have that book too! Might try this with my little one!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm - Reply

Terrific Holly! I had fun trying it myself:)

2. Aimee April 13, 2011 at 10:49 pm - Reply

Very cute idea! :Little Quack” is a cute story! Aimee @ Classified: Mom

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm - Reply

Hi Aimee – I agree – it is a terrific book!

3. My Oatmeal Kisses April 14, 2011 at 12:09 am - Reply

Deborah,
    I love the idea of using simple things as a stamp. It’s fun how they look like Easter Eggs. I love how you make a literacy connection to your stamping!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 14, 2011 at 12:40 am - Reply

I didn’t even realize that they would look like eggs. It will be interesting to see if the children make that connection on their own!

4. Scott April 14, 2011 at 8:59 am - Reply

This looks like so much fun! Another new idea for me. So many new things to try!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 14, 2011 at 11:15 am - Reply

Haha – well at least you wont get bored:)

5. Kelly, Little Wonders' Days April 14, 2011 at 9:16 pm - Reply

This is such a cute idea. I’m going to try this with my little ones!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 14, 2011 at 9:55 pm - Reply

I love your summer bucket list idea too Kelly! That will be fun to see what everyone comes up with:)

6. KM April 15, 2011 at 12:22 am - Reply

Love it!!! We are waiting for some little ones to hatch… Then we are going to go duck crazy! Thanks for all your creative amazingness!!!!!!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 15, 2011 at 10:45 pm - Reply

Ooooh, real hatching ones? That would be awesome!

7. maryanne April 15, 2011 at 5:36 pm - Reply

This looks like fun! And then those ducks can go swimming =)

Thanks for linking over to Emma’s little felt ducky, too!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm - Reply

Yes – for sure they need to do a little swimming!

8. Darcey April 17, 2011 at 4:15 pm - Reply

Deborah, what a great idea! I would’ve never thought of stamping with rubber ducks. It’s neat that they looked like eggs. Did the children notice that too? I’ve linked up to your post here: https://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/04/weekly-favorites-for-april-17-2011.html Hope you’re having a great weekend and congratulations on becoming a grandmother!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 17, 2011 at 5:31 pm - Reply

I love it too! It is so simple and I was also surprised to see the egg shapes!! Thanks for linking here Darcey:)

9. Rory April 18, 2011 at 3:32 pm - Reply

I LOVE this!! I am adding it to my have-to-do list – so cute! Thanks for always coming up with something new and fresh! 🙂

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. April 18, 2011 at 7:27 pm - Reply

It is so fun when you come across something new and fresh!

10. Daphne May 10, 2011 at 12:02 am - Reply

I’ve worked in child care for many years and have never seen this stamping activity before … well done … I’m curious did you ever work out what to do with the egg-shaped stop and go signs?

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. May 10, 2011 at 12:04 am - Reply

No – I will try to remember to ask tomorrow and if I find out – I will reply again! Good question!