Deborah’s Graduation Day!

A few months ago, I had a young friend that I met on Facebook, Kara Morris, ask me to help her write a poem for her graduation announcements.  I wrote the initial draft and Kara tweaked the words to work for her. In the end, we came up with this darling poem that I would now like to borrow from Kara and share with you all for my own graduation announcement.

Just beyond my reach

Are the children I plan to teach.

And as graduation draws near,

Their faces become more clear.

He has a lopsided grin

With juice stains on his chin.

And her bow is falling down as she spins ’round and ’round.

I am filled with anticipation

As I prepare for the celebration.

For the children I plan to teach,

Are just within my reach.

I actually wrapped up my Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education a few months ago but today was the ceremony.

Now it is time for me to start the Doctoral…  well maybe I will take a little time off first!

Congratulations to Kara (the young one)

and Me (the old one)

for our accomplishments in the field of

Early Childhood Education!

By |2010-06-26T19:04:47+00:00June 26th, 2010|

1. Vanessa June 26, 2010 at 8:08 pm - Reply

Yeah, congrats!

2. Nanette Sposito June 26, 2010 at 8:48 pm - Reply

Congratulations to you both. You are both inspirations to all of us in the field of early childhood education.
    (Love your name Kara, my daughter is a Kara too!).

• Deborah J. Stewart June 27, 2010 at 10:53 am - Reply

Nanette,
      My own daughter is named Karena but we call her Kara too. Two of the reasons I was drawn to Kara Morris (the graduate in this post) is because she is in early childhood and has the same name as my own daughter. Funny to see so many Karas:)

3. Tooth Fairy June 26, 2010 at 8:57 pm - Reply

? Sweet Congratulations on your Master’ s degree Deborah! Thanks for sharing this special ceremonial day photo with us!
    HUGS ?
    Your friend the Tooth Fairy

4. cindy woolard June 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm - Reply

Hello,
    Congratulations. I know that this was a very proud moment for you. I loved the poem. God bless you both as you reach children (Debbie and Kara) and teach them what is the very best in ECE practices! Enjoy the moment.
    Cindy

5. Centers and Circle Time June 26, 2010 at 9:28 pm - Reply

I love how teaching crosses all generations, ethnicities, and racial barriers to one common denominator the love of teaching a child. Thank you for always continuing your education and bring us the best and most accurate information in the field of early childhood education. We are all extremely proud to call you a colleague. Blessings for all the success that is and about to be “pressed down, shaken together and running over.”

• Deborah J. Stewart June 26, 2010 at 10:06 pm - Reply

I love this comment Myra – it really touched my heart. Thank you so much…

6. Mom June 26, 2010 at 10:46 pm - Reply

Congratulations, my baby daughter. I am so very proud of you!

Mom

7. Kaveri June 26, 2010 at 11:42 pm - Reply

Congrats! Not just for me, but you are mentor to many other ECEs in the profession… You looked so pretty!!!
    Cheers!

8. Ayn Colsh June 27, 2010 at 10:26 am - Reply

Wow! Congratulations!(and to Kara, as well)
    I’m with Centers~ proud to call you a colleague and a friend. I’m so glad that you have come into my life. You keep me on my toes and inspire me on a regular basis. I hope you took the time to enjoy this special day, as you deserve a little pat on the back. You and Kara did a beautiful job on the poem!

• Deborah J. Stewart June 27, 2010 at 10:32 am - Reply

Thank you Ayn – you and Centers are wonderful colleagues to have. I did enjoy the day for sure.

9. Briana June 28, 2010 at 12:28 pm - Reply

I love it-congrats! Maybe when I get my master’s I will ask you if I can use it! On to your Ph.D! 🙂

10. Teacher Tom June 28, 2010 at 6:59 pm - Reply

Congratulations, Deborah! I’m happy for you! =)