Making props for the preschool program

Tonight I have been working on the props for our preschool program. One of the dances is called Caterpillar Conga and we wanted to have each boy be a part of the caterpillar. I am still choosing whether to have a polka-dotted caterpillar, circle caterpillar, or just plain green.  The boys are only three and they can hold the circles during the dance (we have practiced this). They will also have colorful knee socks on so their feet will be the caterpillar feet.

I cut twelve circles out of large sheets of foam board and painted them green!

Here are the circles set up in my garage.

I thought you might like to know that I used rolls of old Christmas wrapping paper to work on.

Here is my Caterpillar if I leave it all green.

Here is the caterpillar if I add an orange circle to the middle of each green circle!

And here is my caterpillar if I paint polka-dots on the green.  I can make the dots prettier, this was just a sample to try first. They look much brighter than the photos show too!

Once the caterpillar style is chosen, I will finish them all up and we will practice with them once or twice to make sure the head is going in the right direction:)  I just love making props. Now I need to work on the stage decorations – flowers, bugs, and other summer goodies:)  How Fun!!

By |2010-05-22T22:33:33+00:00May 22nd, 2010|

1. Alesia May 22, 2010 at 10:35 pm - Reply

Very cool!!!

2. Trisha s May 22, 2010 at 10:43 pm - Reply

Use the polka dots! 🙂

3. Jennifer Wilson May 22, 2010 at 10:44 pm - Reply

I love the polka dots! :o)

4. Shara May 22, 2010 at 10:46 pm - Reply

I like the 2nd one. Nice and bright but also very clean. The kids could easily point out “circles” and green/yellow/orange. That’s my two cents 🙂

5. Alessandra May 22, 2010 at 11:21 pm - Reply

I really like the 2nd one. Although, I really liked all 3 …. but my final choice would have to be the 2nd pic.

6. colleen May 22, 2010 at 11:48 pm - Reply

Polka Dots get my vote

7. Jenny May 22, 2010 at 11:49 pm - Reply

That looks like fun. I love doing things like this, only time seems to always be an issue.
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..bush adventures at preschool =-.

• Deborah J. Stewart May 23, 2010 at 7:52 pm - Reply

Yes – time is a big factor in how much we can really do! Luckily, this is my only job right now until the show is over.

8. Vanessa May 23, 2010 at 2:00 am - Reply

polka dots, polka dots, polka dots….come on everybody say it with me!!

Looks fun, hope you all have a great time!
    .-= Vanessa´s last blog ..Outdoor Education =-.

9. Centers and Circle Time May 23, 2010 at 8:56 am - Reply

Did I ever tell you I love circles? The more the merrier…polka dots for me too:) They are sooo lucky to have you…not only doing the musical but you do props too!
    .-= Centers and Circle Time´s last blog ..Sweet Simplicity =-.

10. Michelle May 23, 2010 at 10:19 am - Reply

That is such a wonderful idea!! I like the polka dots too 🙂 I wish I could see all those little boys doing the caterpillar conga… TOO CUTE!!! Good luck!!!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Liquid Watercolors =-.