Classroom set-up

I have been working late into the night this week to get my classroom set up. I have exactly 14 days until my students will arrive but that time will come and go all too quickly. I am excited that soon my students will be coming to preschool and want to be sure to have things completely ready for their arrival…

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

I tend to rewrite the book each year when it comes to classroom setup and planning what we will do. I like things to be fresh so that I stay inspired and that my returning students will stay inspired too…

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

Right now, my classroom still looks empty and dull but the good news, I can find just about everything and have reorganized all my teaching and classroom materials (it was greatly needed) so that they will be right at my fingertips all throughout the school year…

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

Tomorrow, we will be writing names on journals and cubby tags; and covering blank bulletin boards; and filling up empty baskets…

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

And we will be taking labels off of recycled jars and bottles that I plan to use for our centers…

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

And after all the centers are set up and the bulletin boards are ready, we will stand back and admire all the work we have put into the indoor classroom and then…

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

It will be time to move over to our outdoor classroom and make sure it is ready to go. Whew! Maybe I should have started a few weeks earlier!

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

More classroom setup updates coming your way soon!  Are you all set up and ready to go?

Getting the classroom ready for preschool by Teach Preschool

By |2017-03-29T11:40:14+00:00August 13th, 2013|

1. Lynette August 13, 2013 at 8:56 am - Reply

Happy to have found you. I’ve gone back to full-time teaching at a Christian school. We have 3 1/2 days to have our room ready for Friday’s Get Acquainted Day. The room will be a work in progress over the coming months. But for now 1/2 the room is arranged, lots of cleaning & organizing the next few days. Have a great year!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 13, 2013 at 5:11 pm - Reply

You have a great year too! My room is always a work in progress:)

2. Melanie August 13, 2013 at 9:21 am - Reply

Where did you get your child sized folding table and chairs? I would love to use this set up for art.

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 13, 2013 at 9:29 am - Reply

Hi Melanie,
      Walgreens used to sell just the chairs but I don’t think they do anymore. I also got some from Big Lots but those come in sets of four with a small table too.

3. Mary Catherine August 13, 2013 at 10:50 am - Reply

I’m excited to see how your set up progresses! Our windows are being replaced and the floors are being cleaned, so I can’t get in for set up until next week! I can’t wait to get started. 🙂

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 13, 2013 at 12:10 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness! Hurry up construction!!

4. Twyla August 13, 2013 at 12:53 pm - Reply

Your organizing ideas are always so practical and attractive. Thanks for sharing. Where did you find the great baskets?

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 13, 2013 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Hi Twyla,
      These baskets are from a store called Garden Ridge. They went on sale this week so I nabbed them:)

5. Rebekah @ The Golden Gleam August 13, 2013 at 3:13 pm - Reply

Oh so pretty, Deborah! What a peaceful and lovely atmosphere created with the use of the baskets. That is new this year, right?

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 13, 2013 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Yes, I have been inspired by so many other classrooms that I wanted to give some new ideas a try:)

6. Bette V August 13, 2013 at 6:06 pm - Reply

We started a week ago and I’m still finishing my room. I had 25 VPK children in my room all summer right up until the day before school started. My new children are helping and love being able to decide where things should go. I love your classroom and all of your ideas.

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 13, 2013 at 11:05 pm - Reply

I love that your students are helping you set up! What a terrific experience and great way to get your kids invested in the care of your classroom!

7. Jen August 17, 2013 at 2:47 am - Reply

Hi Deborah!

I am implementing math bags this year in my preschool classes. Is it possible for you to send me a copy of your letter to the parents or post a link to it? Thanks.

Jen

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 17, 2013 at 8:16 am - Reply

I have sent you an email with the instructions Jen:)

8. Melanie August 23, 2013 at 11:40 am - Reply

I am still wondering about the tables you use. Where did the table come from?

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 24, 2013 at 9:13 am - Reply

Hi Melanie,
      My long white tables are folding tables available at stores like Walmart and Target. You have to look for the ones with adjustable legs. I hope this helps!

9. Linda Ellisen September 7, 2013 at 2:12 pm - Reply

Can you please tell me where you got the squatty containers with the holes in the lids? I can’t quite read the label left on one of the jars. Thanks!!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. September 7, 2013 at 10:19 pm - Reply

Those are fragrance jars from the Dollar Store. They had waterbeads in them that you set out around the house to make the house smell good. I saved them and cleaned them really good but it too some time before the pretty smell wore off the plastic jars.

10. Madelyn Thompson August 20, 2017 at 11:38 am - Reply

Your ideas for outdoor learning is a great idea for younger children, and is helpful during hands on activities!

11. Deanna August 4, 2018 at 10:03 am - Reply

Hi, I was wondering where you purchased the light table?