It’s not a stick it’s a….

Come and join me today over at

No Time for Flashcards

and read my guest post on how we have been using this wonderful children’s book in our classroom!

Available on Amazon

By |2012-03-28T18:02:39+00:00March 28th, 2012|

1. Scott March 29, 2012 at 9:50 am - Reply

Deborah, the most I think about your post and this activity, the more I like it. Thanks for the continued inspiration you give me.

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. March 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm - Reply

That’s funny Scott because I love your dots and lines and am thinking of a way I want to use that in my classroom! Right after spring break:)

2. School Sparks Renee March 29, 2012 at 1:26 pm - Reply

Deborah, thanks for introducing me to this book. It looks perfect for sparking little ones’ attention and enthusiasm.

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. March 29, 2012 at 7:29 pm - Reply

We always enjoy this book every time we read it!

3. Wendy April 7, 2012 at 1:24 pm - Reply

There’s another great book by the same author, Not a Box.. I love them both. A couple of years ago Not a Stick was the inspiration for my toddler class making a three dimensional cardboard dragon that we took to the playground fought with our stick swords. The kids actually painted the dragon outside using brushes I had attached to foot-long sticks. We hung the dragon from a climber to paint it and later fight. They loved it.

4. Carolyn Wilhelm May 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm - Reply

This book looks perfect for art teachers as well! What great ideas you have to go with it.