I love being a teacher…

The solution
to every classroom challenge
is within you.

Join me, over the coming days, as I talk about the challenges teachers face in the early childhood classroom.

The challenges...

Some folks might say, "What challenges can there possibly be when it comes to teaching in the early childhood classroom?" Others might be thinking, "All you do is play all day!"  But for those of us who teach young children, we know that the challenges are real. Some are unexpected, some are ongoing, some are due to a very unique set of circumstances, and some are commonly experienced by all of us in early childhood education.

Through this series, I will talk about the challenges that can get us stuck and not moving forward in our joy for teaching. And, of course, we don't want to get stuck on a problem so we will also look at finding the solutions. The solutions are within reach, we just need to know where to look.

The solutions...

As a teacher, every challenge you face in the classroom has one constant: you. As a teacher myself I have learned that this is a great thing because I have found that within me are solutions to every challenge I face in my classroom. I just have to look there first. In the articles below I continue the discussion on classroom challenges. But now I want to show you how the solution to every classroom challenge is within you. Keep reading!

The Solution Within You!

I'm presenting an informative and FREE presentation on finding the solutions within you. This is a 3-part video series where I will break down some common problems in the classroom and show you how to find the solutions that create engagement and confidence in your children. Click the button below to visit the presentation page.

Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.

Deborah Stewart, M.Ed.

Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed.

Deborah Stewart, M.Ed.

The Solution Within You!

I'm presenting an informative  and FREE presentation on finding the solutions within you. This is a 3-part series where I will break down some common problems in the classroom and show you how to find the solutions that create engagement and confidence in your children. Click the button below to visit the presentation page.

Share your story!

We want to hear from you. As these stories appear above I'd love to hear what thoughts and questions you might have.

By |2018-11-02T10:34:49+00:00August 9th, 2018|

1. Darla Miller August 16, 2018 at 7:44 pm - Reply

I can’t wait to see where you take this. I am focusing on engaging my students more all throughout the day to help eliminate behavior issues. I am going to try and spend more time teaching important skills that will make them better equipped to solve problems on their own!

• Deborah Stewart August 18, 2018 at 11:08 am - Reply

You are on it Darla!

2. Debra Bennett August 16, 2018 at 9:07 pm - Reply

Looking forward to upcoming topics.
    I enjoy my children and have not had many behaviour issues as they are engaged in what they are doing and have learned the skills over time to work and play together!

• Deborah Stewart August 18, 2018 at 11:08 am - Reply

Love that Debra!

3. Kim August 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm - Reply

I’m excited to see what you have in store!

• Deborah Stewart August 18, 2018 at 11:07 am - Reply

So much more to come. Stay tuned!!!

4. Amy Beth Ellis Wilson August 17, 2018 at 8:55 pm - Reply

I am so excited and overwhelmed at the same time. I have a new group starting on Monday. I can’t wait for your ideas.

• Deborah Stewart August 18, 2018 at 11:07 am - Reply

Have a wonderful school year Amy!

5. Barbara Smith August 18, 2018 at 10:01 am - Reply

I am already a subscriber for your weekly emails (which I love and appreciate!). Do I need to click the green button to get notifications for this new series?

• Deborah Stewart August 18, 2018 at 11:06 am - Reply

This series will be shared to everyone on my email list. So for the series, you are good to go.

The form on this page will be used later for those who want to be kept in the loop on any of my new free and paid trainings as I have them ready. If you would like to be kept in that loop then it will be so helpful if you will sign up!

6. sybil finklea August 18, 2018 at 1:29 pm - Reply

Thank you for giving me a different perspective on how areas of my classroom can be managed. I look forward to more information and becoming an official member of the Beehive.

• Deborah Stewart August 18, 2018 at 2:34 pm - Reply

I’m so looking forward to having you Sybil!

7. Donna Minchew September 3, 2018 at 2:24 pm - Reply

Hello!! I have enjoyed reading the articles and listening to members of The Beehive!! My new class of children start tomorrow and I have decided to let go of all the things that I have discussed with their preschool teacher about their behavior. ( She was very challenged this year) She was very negative in her comments about most of her children. So I have come up with a new motto for myself in my new Pre-K Class “What happened in Preschool stays in preschool!! I think my Randy Bear Puppet is coming to Rainbow Room tomorrow!!

• Deborah Stewart September 3, 2018 at 4:04 pm - Reply

Your relationship with your students will be the biggest predictor of their success and your relationship with each child is not pre-defined by their past.

8. Kate September 3, 2018 at 8:31 pm - Reply

Hey Deborah! Thank you so much for all of the motivation you’ve given to all of us through the years. I’ve always wanted to know if you could post your daily schedule?

• Deborah Stewart September 6, 2018 at 7:11 pm - Reply

I share my daily schedule inside the Honey Bee Hive! It is there where I can talk about it in more detail and answer questions so folks understand the ins and outs of what works well for me and what doesn’t. I hope you will join me there!

9. Kathryn Miller September 7, 2018 at 2:10 pm - Reply

I really have enjoyed reading these articles. They are very insightful. Thanks for posting.

10. Kathryn Miller September 7, 2018 at 2:22 pm - Reply

I have a quick question . I have a 5 year old daughter who is adopted. When she was born, her birth mother was heavy on drugs. Up until a few years ago we really did not see much effect from this. My daughter started kindergarten last week. They were on staggered enrollment so she only went one day. This week she started back on Tuesday and has been all week. I have already had to schedule a meeting with her kindergarten teacher. My daughter attended public preschool for the past two years. She had some difficulties then. Do I need to let her kindergarten teacher know where my child is coming from so she can better understand all the hyper activity she has and excessive talking? I am trying to get a handle on this before it gets out of hand.

• Deborah Stewart September 12, 2018 at 4:33 pm - Reply

I think it would be helpful to let your child’s teacher know what’s up!

11. Jessica September 9, 2018 at 11:25 pm - Reply

I have been teaching preschool for over 25 yrs and know that what works great with one group of students (or individual student) may not work for the next group (individual). The most important thing is to get to know each child/family. Its always great to hear different views and ideas. I enjoy reading your articles- especially the ones about how important PLAY is!