Deborah’s new CD and the IAEYC conference

I have been preparing for the Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children (IAEYC) conference that will be held this weekend in downtown Indianapolis.

I will be presenting on:

Friday, April 9th, – 3:15 to 4:30 pm.

I will also be at a presenters booth on:

Friday, April 9th – Booth #114  – Time: 9:00-11:00 am

Saturday, April 10th – Booth #118 – Time: 12:30-2:30

I will be presenting a session on simple music for the preschool classroom. Most of the music and finger plays, but not all, will be ones I have written. I am a strong advocate for using music in the preschool classroom. Music paves the way for so many aspects in the learning environment from classroom management, entertainment, to education.

To prepare for this occasion, I completed my first children’s CD and it finally arrived in the mail today. What fun to open it all up and see all that work nicely set before me.

Click here to learn how you can purchase a copy of my new CD!

By |2010-04-08T00:37:00+00:00April 8th, 2010|

1. Centers and Circle Time April 8, 2010 at 9:59 pm - Reply

I can only imagine your delight when you opened that box! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy:)

2. Cathy April 11, 2010 at 9:41 pm - Reply

I would like to purchase one of you CD’s somehow I missed your booth at the conference and I do not have a paypal account. Will you please let me know how i can purchase one without the paypal acct.. Thank you! Cathy

3. Cathy April 11, 2010 at 9:52 pm - Reply

Is there a way I can order your CD’s without a paypal account? I somehow missed your booth at the conference.

4. Danny April 21, 2010 at 3:10 pm - Reply

I am wondering Deborah, when you are singing in the class. Did you also play the CD or not? or maybe you have a CD instruments and you sing it ? thx
    .-= Danny´s last blog ..Numbers , ants , and yikess….!!!!! =-.

• Deborah J. Stewart April 21, 2010 at 9:32 pm - Reply

Hi Danny,
      Most of the time, I just use my voice in the classroom – no instruments, cd, or other. I use my voice when the focus of the music is to teach a concept or to get the children’s attention, or to give directions.

But there are times when I will use the CD or play the piano. I use the CD if I want the children to do more actions like running, jumping, and dancing. I use the piano at times just to have fun with the music but the piano isn’t as convenient so I don’t use it all that often. Finally, I try to include instruments for the children to use and I tend to use the instruments with a CD.

I hope this answers your question.